Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 released exclusively for PlayStation 5 last month and quickly became Sony’s best-selling first-party game. We loved the game – read Game Informers Review Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 here – but players and reviewers have discovered bugs and glitches leading to laughs, in some cases, and obstacles to progression in other cases. Developer Insomniac Games released a patch last week that fixed a handful of issues and has now released a new update that fixes even more bugs and issues.
Here are the full release notes for update 1.001005:
- Fixed an issue where NPCs could spawn on top of each other in boats.
- Fixed an issue where MJ could be defeated in one hit on higher difficulty settings.
- Fixed several issues where hiding the HUD would prevent certain missions from triggering.
- Fixed an issue where collision was missing on the ground in the harbor.
- Fixed issues where players could get stuck in the finale of Marko’s Memories.
- Fixed an issue where players could switch characters during the losing streak.
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck while running on a wall.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong Spider-Man could receive phone calls if the player switched characters during a call.
- Fixed an issue where the player could lose the ability to jump
- Fixed several issues where inputs would not save after being compressed to a point
- Fixed an issue where the game would not reload properly after being defeated by a boss.
- Fixed an issue where Peter Parker could get stuck on a bench or railing.
- Fixed an issue where Spider-Man could cross the map and get stuck during combat.
- Fixed an issue where the Hang Ten Trophy was not counting flips accurately.
- Fixed an issue where entries would not save after collecting a Memory Crystal.
- Fixed issues where models would not load properly after long gaming sessions
- Fixed an issue where the player character could leave a mission and enter the open world, resulting in corrupted saves.
- Improved stability
Hopefully, if any of these issues have prevented you from progressing past certain points in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2’s various quests, or if you’re hoping for more stability, you’ll experience a better gaming experience after installing this update.
To know more about the game, read Game Informers Take a look at Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, then find out how Insomniac updated New York for the sequel. So check out this story about this missing New York landmark in the game. After that, read our guide to the best graphics mode in Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, then check out our spoiler-free tips.
Are you still experiencing any bugs or issues with Marvel’s Spider-Man 2? Let us know in the comments below!