Speculating on the rumors surrounding professional wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors churned out by the professional wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that: rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating in the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track the accuracy of rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take all of this with a grain of salt.
Rumors of the day:
- Brock Lesnar won’t return to WWE until next year’s Royal Rumble, says the Wrestling Observer.
- According to PW Insider, “the expectations” of Smack down last week, Becky Lynch would be the latest member of Team Bianca Belair to Survivor Series for war games.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned that John Cena needed surgery on both elbows after his last run in WWE, and he speculates that this could mean Cena does a WrestleMania match in the future, but not much more than that.
- Meltzer also said that booking for LA Knight on Smack down last week was about “making him strong again.”
- On his Fightful Select Backstage Report podcast, Sean Ross Sapp said he doesn’t hear about a lot of “passive-aggressive stuff” between WWE wrestlers: “All I hear about in WWE is It’s a very good locker room, especially over the last year. -and half.”
- The WWE website is advertising Sheamus for the November 25, December 8, and December 15 episodes. Smack downwhich indicates that he will return from injury very soon.
If you’ve heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Please remember that these are rumors and are not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check out our weekly rumor review here to find out how often rumors turn out to be true.
Back to top ↑